Thursday, November 11, 2010

Karate Kid

I remember when I was a little kid watching the Karate Kid movies. Now my children get the privileged to watch the newest addition to the Karate Kid movies.

The newest Karate Kid is staring none other than Will Smith's cute and adorable son, Jaden Smith. And none other than the world renown Jackie Chan. Watch the trailer here.

I wanted so badly to take my 6 year old son to see this movie in theater but we didn't have the money at the time. So as soon as I could I put it on my list at Netflix and then I waited patiently for it to arrive. When it finally did arrive I was so stoked! I knew my son would love this movie. I just had a feeling that it would be loved by all of us.

Every week we have at least one night as "Family Night" (sometimes 2 nights or as many as we can!). We set up a kids table in the living room and we (yes I know what you are going to think here) eat in front of the TV while we watch our family friendly movie.

This movie effected each and every family member. We kept it for 3 days and watched it 3 times and then sent it back to Netflix. I told my husband, "We need to buy that movie for Christmas" and he gladly agreed.

There are a few swear words in this movie but other then that, I think its great and I recommend it. If you have young children you may want to watch it first just to make sure that you are okay with some of the content, but really, its a great movie.

As always, I hope that this post finds you happy and healthy. May God bless you in a very special way today!

~Lil*Mama~

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Yours is super-cute, too. I'd love to take my son to movies, too, but he's only 8 months, so we'll have to wait a few years on that :-)

    - Jen

    www.mybossisteething.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in love with the Eighties Karate Kid, and I am glad my nieces can fall in love with this new version.

    Lil Smith is a good actor, and I watched the movie but I couldn't day dream about the actor. Mmm, that means I am getting old.

    ReplyDelete